2Pac Discussed Moving Away From Music Industry Months Before Murder

  • 2Pac discussed plans to “move away” from music just months before his murder.
  • The “Changes” rapper was shot multiple times in Las Vegas on September 7, 1996. He died days later.
  • “I want to move further away from the music and start wading myself into the acting more,” said Pac.

Tupac Shakur, aka 2Pac, discussed his plans to “move away” from the music industry just months before he was murdered.

Entertainment Tonight shared a series of unearthed interviews with the “Changes” rapper on Monday after FX’s “Dear Mama” docuseries, which explores Pac’s relationship with his mother, premiered last weekend.

In one clip, Pac spoke of his desire to take a step back from making music.

“We got a lot of good things happening,” Pac said, discussing the upcoming release of his movie “Gridlock’d.”  

“I just want to push the envelope and work, work, work,” he added. “I want to move further away from the music and start wading myself into the acting more.”

“Gridlock’d” premiered in January 1997, four months after Pac was shot multiple times in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 7, 1996. He died days later in hospital on September 13.

In the same interview, Pac discussed his desire to create his own record label.

Although Pac’s murder has never been solved, retired LAPD detective Russell Poole claimed the shooting was orchestrated by Death Row Records CEO Suge Knight after he learned of Pac’s desire to leave the label.

Poole’s claims were detailed in Randall Sullivan’s 2002 book “LAbyrinth,” which traces the connections between LAPD officers and their potential connections to the deaths of Pac and The Notorious B.I.G.

Speaking of Biggie, who was murdered six months after Pac, Diddy’s former bodyguard Eugene “Gene” Deal recently claimed that the “Juicy” rapper wasn’t killed in a drive-by shooting as claimed by the FBI.

Biggie, real name Christopher Wallace, was shot and killed on March 9, 1997, in Los Angeles, California. He was 24 years old.

FBI documents state Wallace was traveling in the passenger seat of a Chevrolet Suburban after leaving a party at the Petersen Automotive Museum when a Chevy SS Impala pulled up to the vehicle at a red light and a gunman opened fire from within.

Wallace died less than an hour later at a local hospital. His autopsy, which was released to the public in 2012, states that he was shot four times. 

In a video published by YouTube channel “The Art of Dialogue” in February, Deal, who said he was traveling in a second Chevrolet Suburban with Diddy behind Biggie on the night of the shooting, gave his own account of what happened.

“Wasn’t no drive-by, the car was standing there at the corner,” he said. “The stories they tell is not truthful. And now people are sitting here believing.”

Deal added: “Every Biggie movie that you see, they say it’s a drive-by. When the witness tells you the car was stood right there at the corner — the car was probably there all night.”

The murder remains unsolved.

Source link

Tags: No tags

Comments are closed.